- This event has passed.
March 10, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
A Certification and CEU Opportunity. Session II only available if you completed Session I on March 8th.
Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia: concepts & Techniques training seminar Session II
This Session II is required for those looking to obtain Dementia Professional Certification (DP-NC). Session I is prerequisite for Session II.
NIDE certificates of experience. Certificate of experience requirements:
Dementia Professional: NIDE Certified (DP-NC)
- Obtain 12 hours of NIDE approved dementia training
- Have been in a supervisory (or care planning) role for minimum of 1 year within dementia population
- Minimum of 2 years in field of dementia
- Experience with ongoing care planning
- Experience with in-service training or dementia care management
Benefits of dementia training:
- Reduce pharmacological interventions
- Improved employee retention when provided with tools and skills to recognize and prevent/reduce behavioral challenges that arise
- Improved environment for residents/patients/participant
s that also creates an environment for employees that is peaceful, enjoyable and less distracting. When employees are provided with tools to assist them in providing a personalized care approach that helps them to connect with their dementia patients.
- Employees become more productive when they are able to better recognize and meet the needs of their dementia patients before situations and behaviors arise.
- Improved employee satisfaction and attendance through the support of management by offering training that sets them up for dementia care success and in turn creates a more positive team and work culture.
- Work with a trainer/educator that you can trust – a leader in the senior healthcare industry for years.
*Upon completion of the seminar, you are eligible to earn up to 10 CEUs through the NYU Center for Continuing Education in Nursing. There is no additional cost and or submission needed by attendees – cost of CEUs and NIDE dementia certification is included in initial cost of the seminar and submission is completed by Dementia360 Consulting immediately upon completing the seminar.
Cost of 12-hour course (Sessions I & II): $375*
*Costs include all materials/manuals/handouts, certification, 10 CEUs, Free access to Dementia360 – Be The Change FB support page. (No hidden costs for certification or CEUs).
Session I & II (12-hour) REGISTER