Dementia Aware Competency Evaluation Coaching (DACE)
Are you looking to demonstrate your staff's capability in providing person-centered dementia care? DACE helps caregivers learn how their care can improve or undermine the person with dementia and how competency directly impacts both the relationship and the quality of care provided.
What DACE Coaching is:
- Development based on 30 years of research.
- Assessment of caregivers' behavior.
- Ongoing performance review and paperless assessment portal.
- Confirmation of success or failure of any training program.
- A compatible tool with the Virtual Dementia Tour® and other Dementia360 Consulting trainings.
- Highlights training needs.
- Adheres to the competencies of person-centered care.
- Provides observable and measurable competencies.
- Provides a comparative analysis for each employee.
- Provides a comparative analysis between employees
- Places a value on how a caregiver responds to those with dementia.
- Certified coaches train your observers.
The need for observable and measurable outcomes in dementia care, especially in the areas of competency, sensitivity, empathy, dignity, and respect, is imperative. The Dementia Aware Competency Evaluation (DACE) is designed to meet that need. Based on 30 years of research, this approach can be used in any caregiving setting and as a benchmark of caregiver performance over time.
The DACE is administered by a person trained in dementia care (i.e., administrator, supervisor, director of nursing) and used to measure the competency of the caregiver’s ability to engage positivity with those living with cognitive impairments.
It is recommended that the DACE assessment is conducted BEFORE and AFTER dementia training, which may include the Virtual Dementia Tour® program (VDT) and/or other Dementia360 trainings to determine the success of the training program.
This method of learning allows for real-world feedback and training based on the caregiver’s specific situation. DACE indicators have been developed according to best practices associated with positive outcomes of care. This approach follows the principles of person-centered care.
SWD DACE Coach - THE WAY TO ASSESS COMPETENCY IN PERSON-CENTERED CARE.
MEETS CMS GUIDELINES FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT (QAPI)
Demonstrate your staff 's capability in providing person-centered dementia care by contacting us today to administer DACE with your staff.
Cost: $250 half-day seminar
*NOTE: All pricing set by Second Wind Dreams and agreement with Dementia360 Consulting. Prices subject to change.