Assisted Living and Memory Care Consulting - Let Dementia360 Consulting assist your organization by bringing directly to you, the best innovative care techniques in the industry for treating and caring for those living with dementia. Let us help you address concerns that include lack of programming or programming that isn't working, behaviors, the feeling of being in constant "survival" mode, and many more by helping create or enhance memory care programming for your residents/patients/
not just survive.
Who can we support:
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
- Skilled Nursing
- Long Term Care
- Home Health
- Home Plus
- Healthcare Professionals; Front-Line workers, Independent Practitioners, Outpatient Providers, Hospitalists
- Gerontology Programs and Schools
- Technical Schools
- Allied Health Professionals
- Council on Aging
- Area on Aging
- Elder Law
- First Responders
- Placement Agencies
- Many More
How can we support:
Environmental Design - We work alongside your builder, architect, and design team creating a non-institutional, resident-focused model that is dementia-friendly as well as supportive and functional for residents, families, and staff.
Increase your market edge and be a leader in the industry by helping your residents thrive, not just survive when you have us help you with environmental design and program development.
- Allows resident to be who they are using validation and /or reminiscence techniques.
- Empowers residents
- Creates success in resident's ADL's
- Improves resident's quality of life
- Affirms resident's personal dignity
- Supports resident's capabilities
Studies show that the physical environment along with therapeutic activities can lead to "improved quality of life", a slowed rate of disease progression (when diagnosed with a form of dementia), and reduced need for medication.
Programming - Personalized and tailored programs for your residents, patients, and participants that involve non-pharmacological tools and interventions create just for your residents/patients/
We will help enhance programming already being used or implement a resident-centered, comprehensive, holistic, and evidence-based program that is customized and catered to your residents. Resident-centered care is a fundamental concept in providing quality care for those living with and without dementia. Our goal is to help caregivers to surrender their "to-do" list in favor of honoring their relationship with the resident, as well as the resident's choices and preferences.
- Reduces agitation, emotional symptoms, and depression in residents
- Improves quality of life of the residents
- The resident is treated, not the disease
- Promotes normalcy
- Provides a supportive environment
- Welcomes families
- Focuses on each resident's strengths and capabilities
- Focuses on relationship over tasks
Additional Programming available:
- Pet Therapy - This program involves the participant in engagement through tactile, visual, and auditory stimulation while promoting love and purpose through emotionally connecting and nurturing the pet.
- Doll Therapy - This program involves tactile, visual, and auditory stimulation for optimal brain health as well as promotes independence, love, and purpose through an emotional connection and nurturing of the doll.
- Music Therapy - This program taps into the auditory, visual, and tactile stimulation. It promotes brain health by increasing attention and concentration while also decreasing agitation, anxiety, fear, and confusion and improves behaviors.
- Art Therapy - This program taps into the auditory, visual, and tactile stimulation while promoting brain health by increasing attention and concentration while also decreasing anxiety, fear, depression, and confusion. This program can help restore overall functioning of the body's systems and a general sense of well-being.
- Life Skills Stations/Boxes - This program is interactive and recreates familiar situations from the past such as an office space, a nursery, a profession such as teach, carpenter, doctor, secretary. The goal is to elicit long-term memories from one's past, and each station or box is purposefully designed to spark memories, create moments of happiness, and help caregivers learn more about each resident/patient/participant. These also encourage individuals to exercise their cognitive abilities and practice communication skills with others.
- Wellness Dining - This program will help your residents/patients/
participants increase consumption, avoid weight loss, and even lower use of supplements. Several aspects of this program connect the individual to the feeding process to promote independence, enjoyment, palatable eating and promote dignity.