It is out of this need to create change that Christi founded Dementia360 Consulting and is pioneering the future for dementia awareness and dementia care in the Midwest and throughout the United States. Dementia360 Consulting is the first of its kind in the Midwest region, even though the number of Americans living with Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias continues to grow!
Helping healthcare organizations create dementia friendly environments that allow residents to thrive, not just survive.
"You Have Given Us A Peace We Were in Desperate Need Of"
I am the owner of a non-medical home care company that specializes in dementia care. I have put the three leaders in my organization that work with our families and caregivers. These leaders all have many years of experience in home care and are very familiar with what it takes to help families dealing with dementia. All three have expressed how helpful and useful the training that Christi provides was. It will definitely help us in our work with our families!
Christi is very passionate and knowledgeable about dementia. She has extensive experience related to dementia and is an excellent teacher. The training programs offered by Christi are valuable for anyone wanting to learn more about dementia. I highly recommend her and her business.
Our office primarily works with seniors and those suffering from cognitive disorders and decline. Christi did in-office training for the entire staff in order to help us understand and work with these clients and their families. It was a wonderful program with a lot of information along with training on how to best work in these situations. I would highly recommend Dementia360 and Christi for consulting and training!
FAQ's About Dementia Training
- obtain minimum 4-hours of NIDE approved dementia training
- ongoing advocacy such as fundraising, presentations, etc.
- minimum 1 year in the field of dementia with first person interaction with someone with dementia or living with someone with a dementia diagnosis
Dementia Caregiver: NIDE Certified (DC-NC)
- obtain 8-hours of NIDE approved dementia training
- minimum 1 year in field of dementia with hands on experience with activities of daily living and resident engagement
- obtain 12 hours of NIDE approved dementia training
- have been in a supervisory (or care planning) role for minimum of 1 year within dementia population
- minimum of 2 years in field of dementia
- experience with ongoing care planning
- experience with in-service training or dementia care management
NIDE certification is available to those who qualify based on the NIDE certificate of experience options and requirements.
There are a total of 10 CEUs available upon completion of 12 hours of NIDE approved dementia training.
Why People Choose Us
30+ Years Experience in Healthcare
15+ years dedicated to a career in Geriatrics & Memory Care
Licensing & Certifications
For those living with Dementia and their Caregivers
As Acting Director of Kairos - "A Moment in Time" Memory Café
For Alzheimer's Association local chapter
- Walk to End ALZ
- Community Educator
- Support Group Facilitator
- Longest Day Fundraising Event
- Committee Member of Night of Hope Gala
A family caregiver of a loved one living with dementia
Continuous Training and Education
- Trauma Sensitivity Training-as trauma drastically impacts our brain health and overall physical and emotional health
- Aromatouch Techniques Training Course-“A combination of touch, reflexology, and aromatherapy
- National Institute for Dementia Education (NIDE)-ongoing NIDE approved dementia training
- Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre- ongoing offered dementia training courses
- Non-Pharmacological Intervention Courses, Books, & Research-tools and interventions to treat dementia symptoms and behaviors that help prevent/ reduce difficult care situations without the use of psychotropic medications
CEO/Founder & Acting Director of Kairos
"A Moment in Time" Memory Café
- An engaging, social, and interactive activity held monthly for those living with dementia and their caregivers to create memories and relax with others and not have to think about living with a disease or about being a caregiver.
What Is A 360 Degree Dementia Approach?
Our 360-degree approach is about taking an informed view of the entire dementia journey - starting at discovery and early diagnosis and incorporating our 360-degree model. The components of the 360-degree model are essential and complement each other ensuring the journey is purposeful, successful, joyous and a journey filled with hope. All these components together create the ideal dementia journey.
Awareness I Engagement I Connection I Abilities I Wholistic
What We Do?
Dementia360 Consulting specializes in dementia education, training and consultation for caregivers, healthcare professionals, and community organizations. We partner to build communities that are accountable to fostering and enhancing the well being of individuals living with dementia.
To create a change in the perception of dementia and how care is provided for those living with dementia through the creation and offering of world class, innovative education and non-pharmacological approaches to care that are essential to enhancing the quality of life for individuals living with dementia.
People living with dementia can live a quality life when the environment they live in cultivates connection and engagement by seeking understanding of the disease, sensitivity to their needs, and acknowledging their abilities that remain through the dementia journey.
Workshops and Seminars
Sorry, we couldn't find any events.